Wednesday 30 July 2008

Within arms reach

A while ago I had to move a set of plastic drawers with Cat’s clothes further away from her cot, because instead of napping she managed to get the top drawer out, spread the clothes all over her cot, turn the drawer upside down and climb on it to make loud stomping noise.

See this small bookshelf located just outside her cot? The bottom shelf is full of English books, the middle one has Russian ones and the top one houses the books from the library. (We actually have many more kids books, but others are for slightly older kids) Last night upon investigating loud crying I discovered most of the surface of Cat’s cot covered in library books, which she somehow managed to pull from the shelf to her cot. For now I’m going to put the library books to the other side of the shelf, but I wonder if I’ll have to re-arrange the furniture again. Choosing the best location for all our and Cat’s stuff is becoming more challenging than the advanced levels of Tetris. So if you don’t yet have kids and are ever caught playing Tetris instead of doing something more important just say that you are practicing a very important skill necessary for successful parenthood.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

And then, before you know it, she'll climb out of that crib!

Tina in CT said...

I have seen your comments before and today clicked on one to see your blog. I started reading it and have added it to my favorites here at home. Your blogging style is so clean, crisp and cozy. As soon as I have the time, I want to go back to your older blogs and start reading. Your little girl is just adorable and a wonderful model for your great photography.

I am Moscowmom's mother in New England.

Glad that I found your blog.