Friday 11 July 2008

Enjoying embroidery

Once while looking at the marks made by my daughter I saw a bird, so I grabbed a green crayon and traced the seen outline directly over her marks.

I was very excited at the result, because I knew that if I tried to sketch a bird from life or draw one from the memory, unable to simplify, I would get horribly lost in the small details. Therefore I wanted to use this drawing for something.

While in Japan I saw embroidered buttons and brooches with the embroidered centres and lacy/crocheted outer. I also bought some lovely linen fabric.

On my return after looking at PurlBee's tutorial I made three buttons: bigger one is 29 mm and smaller ones are 23 mm in diameter.


For now I don’t have any plans for them, but this was the first embroidery project that I enjoyed doing. All the previous ones were way beyond my skill level and therefore ended up in frustration.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I love these, look such fun

jenclair said...

These are so sweet!