Wednesday 16 July 2008

The simple projects

I like having at least one project that is very simple and can be done few stitches at the time, while I wait for Cat to finish her dinner or she is busy looking through a book or playing with her toys. This time I choose to make another amigurimi from the Japanese craft book. My husband tried to remind me that I swore never to make another one of those ever again. As always crocheting head and body was easy, but I started loosing my enthusiasm once I reached the smaller parts making stage. The amigurumi supposed to be a robot, but for a long time we played with the limbless, earless and eyeless creature and therefore it was renamed into Orange Alien.

This week I finally crocheted the limbs for it, but gave up on trying to find energy to make it ears or eyes.

Yarn: Some unidentified cotton
Pattern: From Japanese book (ISBN 978-4-309-28103-2)

Hopefully my next simple project won’t turn into the same prolonged fight with myself to finish it. Mettetations always finds the best patterns and after seeing her recent shawls, I couldn’t resist making an Eva's shawl for myself.

2 comments:

Polina said...

Alien is super cute! And the warn for the shawl looks beautiful! Can't wait for the holidays to do some creative stuff, too!!!

Polina said...

I meant yarn... :)