Friday 25 July 2008

Refreshing naps

Long past the days when I would collapse anywhere at any chance to get some sleep. Yet when I reach a point of feeling frustrated, irritable, unable to treat anyone with patience or compassion I know that it is time to get some extra sleep and after putting the Little Girl down for her nap, I curl up on the couch and have an afternoon snooze myself. And for me the best afternoon naps always happen in the summer warmth with a light breeze coming from the open window. Afterwards I feel cheerful, energetic and enthusiastic. Occasionally a regretful thought about all unaccomplished tasks passes my mind, but I chase it away knowing that I can accomplish even more in my refreshed state.

4 comments:

driftwood said...

an afternoon nap is such a lovely treat, you should enjoy wveryone, as the time will come when little girl stays awake all day, and then so must you....

Rachael said...

oh, an afternoon nap sounds FABULOUS

Ruth's Place said...

I'd kill for an afternoon nap!!

Tanya said...

I love the picture. :)