Monday 14 July 2008

PIF done: one for Polina

Pay It Forward (PIF) gift for Polina was actually finished back in February, but I didn’t want to blog about it before finishing Rachael’s one. It was inspired by Polina’s gorgeous bright summer dresses. While outside was grey and cold inside I was enjoying looking at the beautiful red, orange and yellow beads. And from them I made this spiral bracelet.

(Note: Sorry for quality of the photos, they were taken back in February - I'm glad to see that my photography skills improved in the last few months)

I loved the colours so much that I kept on wondering if I should make another one for myself. And then I made few small mistakes and decided that this bracelet wasn’t good enough to be given to someone else. Excitted about having a good excuse to keep it, I started wondering if Polina wouldn’t prefer something less geometrical and more flowery. So I got out Carol Wilcox Wells' The Art & Elegance of Beadweaving book and used their flower pattern to crochet a new bracelet for her. I also tried making a seamless join. It didn’t end up being so seamless in my case, but not too bad for a beginner.

While in Odessa I was happy to see Polina wearing the bracelet with one of the dresses that inspired it in the first place.
(Note: This photo was taken by my husband)

I'll post about PIF gift for Rachael tomorrow.

2 comments:

Polina said...

It is a gorgeous bracelet and I love it - thank you!!! :)

one little tiny note - the dress in the pic is actually a new one from this year - so couldn't have been the inspiration... but I'm glad the global idea of my summer dresses has had such an effect :)))))

*hugs*

Annie said...

Beautiful!!