Tuesday 8 July 2008

Reusable shopping bags

While we were in Japan our supermarket finally decided to introduce reusable bags and started "encouraging" the customers to buy them by removing the usual plastic ones. I’m all in favour of the reusable bags, but there is one tiny problem with theirs - they are also made out of plastic. Luckily I accumulated a small collection of totes that are used for carrying our shopping home.

Top left one was made by my wonderful cousin especially for me and bottom right one I bought from talented Raspberry.

And last week I added another one to my collection.

Pattern: Elisa's Nest Tote
Yarn: Rowan Cotton Glace

Just as I finished it I found a list of 35 free grocery bag patterns, so I may try making another one in the future. Maybe crocheted one?

3 comments:

tess said...

love the bags, and that's a great link!

Anonymous said...

I cant help but notice that you used the bamboo chopping board as a backdrop....rather clever me dear! Hubs.

naree said...

I wonder if Father Frost will get me one of those if I am good this year *hint*, *hint* ;)