Monday 26 February 2007

Three months

Catherine is three months today. We celebrated a bit early by having an Autumn Apple Sponge Cake on Saturday before Clive went to the airport. The cake was delicious, the lemon reduced the sweetness making it perfect in my books (I’m not a big fan of super sweet). And Catherine was awake to witness its creation and disappearance. She is spending more and more time awake and more aware of her surroundings. Nowadays she almost never cries. The other day I was surprised to notice that her hands are bigger and while packing away her newborn clothes I couldn’t actually believe that she really was that small. The speed of babies development is incredible and I feel that I have to stay flexible to keep up with her.

There aren’t going to be any new photos this week as Clive took my camera with him to Hong Kong. But tomorrow I'll visit Baby Clinic to find out Cat's current weight.

I must be becoming extremely sentimental in my old age as I really miss Clive after only 2 days. I miss our evening chats. I miss seeing him getting Cat to smile at the end of the day – after spending all day together she isn’t as willing to smile at me and I’m not as eager to find new ways to amuse her. I miss us laughing at each other and ourselves. I miss his support and understanding, which isn’t always (and doesn’t have to be) expressed in words. I even miss the comfort of his presence in the same room while we do our separate things. I miss being able to give him a hug or just touch his hand in passing. Only 4 more days.

No comments: