Thursday 22 February 2007

The beauty of raindrops

It was a gloomy and rainy day, so we stayed inside for most of it. Cat passed time by staring out the window in total amazement at the falling down drops of rain. I wonder what she thinks and feels. I wonder what she makes of the world and us her parents. I wish we could remember our babyhood. I wish the babies could share with us their experiences by putting them into words. Her face and all its expressions are so familiar to me since I spend lots of my time looking at her. But sometimes a feeling of her being a totally different alien species strikes me. It is difficult to believe that soon she’ll grow into real size human being like the rest of us, that everyday objects will become familiar and … well.. everyday to her and she’ll lose her bright eyed marvelling at the simple things like raindrops. But hopefully she’ll never get bored with life and will always find something new or even old to marvel at. And for now she reminds me of how beautiful life and everyday objects are. And so I will be in awe of her and her big bright wide-opened eyes gazing in wonder at the new things.

No comments: