Monday 19 February 2007

Lovely tea weekend

I had very nice weekend. The weather on Saturday was fantastic – very springy – warm and sunny. So Clive, Cat and I went for a nice morning walk, before catching up with Naree & Vihn in the café. I had my first cappuccino in ages (I usually don’t drink coffee, so didn’t really miss it during my pregnancy). They brought me some Vietnamese Leaf Green tea, so all of us came back to our place to try it out. Julia joined us a bit later and once Cat fall asleep for her long afternoon nap, we walked to Julia’s place and had some more lovely tea, which she brought from Turkey. I love tea and one of my biggest disappointments about England was how average (and often downright bad) the tea, which is served it its cafes and restaurants, is.

Highlight of Sunday was helping Clive to do his Russian homework. He is taking Russian language classes on Mondays and I’m highly impressed by his aptitude for learning languages. Still he made some very cute mistakes and I spent a lot of time giggling. Hopefully he won’t get discouraged by my merriment as most of it was due to being extremely happy about him showing effort to learn my language, enjoyment of doing something fun together and in smaller amount to finally having a chance to pay back for all the times he made fun of my English.

No comments: