Friday 2 February 2007

The Garden

The advantage of living on the ground floor with a garden is that on the lovely day like today I can spend most of my time outside looking at the birds and greenery. Quick inspection revealed that most plants survived the cold weather and the snow and hopefully soon we’ll have lots of flowers.





The disadvantage of the ground floor is that we have mice. I feel horrified, disgusted, traumatised. Clive got mice traps, so hopefully we’ll get rid of them. I saw mice on this street when I lived here 2 years ago, but never thought I’ll get to see them inside the house. Yuck!!! I can’t figure out how they manage to get in. Naree, who came over today to tell me about her Australian trip, was very supportive, reassuring and matter-of-fact about it. But I’m too tired to want to deal with the mice problem so am being over-emotional about it. We aren’t the only ones in London experiencing mice problems – they were also seen in Newham General Hospital in east London http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6319559.stm

1 comment:

Polina said...

RatSack is your friend!!! We found some nice little brown deposits in the shed when we were back in Aus... and decided to give the little buggers something yummy for dinner :)