Tuesday 6 February 2007

Meeting the aunt

My sister, Anya, arrived on Sunday from Australia with more cute clothes and books for the baby. Their meeting went really well and she managed to get plenty of smiles out of Cat. I think the baby is enjoying having another person to entertain her during the day. I wonder if she sees us as big toys.

Having Anya here is a good excuse to have lots of chocolate, biscuits and tea. Another good reason for having lots of tea with honey is that I have a cold and physically feel pretty miserable. Since last two days were very sunny we went for the long walks in the park and I took lots of good photos of Cat (sunshine is so much better for that than the electric lights).

Catherine is getting much better at controlling her hands. Now her thumb usually finds her month, though sometimes she still hits her nose and then slowly slides her hand down to her mouth. Yes, now she sucks on her thumb instead the whole fist. She often manages to hit hanging toys and today she lifted and moved one of her toys (sadly I didn’t have my camera ready and once I got it Cat was more interested in looking at me than moving toys around).

No comments: