Wednesday 5 March 2008

Wire Pendant


After my unsuccessful attempt to crochet wire bracelet and while my parents were stil here, babysitting the little girl, I went to the big book store in search of the perfect book to teach me how to crochet with wire. (Is there a better place to spend few extra hours of freedom for a self-confessed book addict?) I loved Crocheted Wire Jewelry book by Arline M. Fisch straight away and am finally trying out one of the projects. I’m crocheting a small round pendant using copper wire over wooden bead following instructions for Cube Pendant by Eugene Keefer Bell. Trying to figure out the best placement for the next slip stitch to achieve random-pattern covering is so addictive that I don’t really want to finish it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Is now a good time to sign up for a birthday present before you become too popular? ;-)

Mei Tan said...

Yeah! Cool piece.
Mei

Yeah So said...

Very interesting, I am really going to have to check out that book!

Zoya said...

Julia, I already have a great idea for your birthday present. Hopefully it will turn out as good as it is in my head.

Mei, thank you

Starfish, I really like it, but not everyone does according to reviews on amazon.