Monday 24 March 2008

Thanks for the idea

In her response to my bag of fun post Starfish suggested that I should make some stitch markers. Thank you! I would never think of it myself since until that moment I didn’t even know that such things existed. So while I contemplate what my next knitting project should be, I tried to make some following the Beaded Stitch Markers tutorial.

It’s so simple and highly addictive. The best part is that I get to learn and practice new skills, which will come handy if I ever decide to make some earrings.

Here is the close up of my first wobbly stitch markers set made out of cheap plastic beads I bought when I just started beading (I’m slowly turning into the bead snob and now buy much nicer beads). I also made another set out of really ugly plastic strand from that bag of broken jewellery, but by the time I finished it got too gloomy (and still is 24 hrs later) over here to take close-up photos so you can only see one of them on the top picture.

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Who knew that such crafty niftiness even existed.

You've just reminded me I've got to work on my PIF.

Yeah So said...

Hey you're welcome! They came out really great too. I need to whip some up for my FCS partner. Addictive is right!

Polina said...

so what is a stitch marker? I don't get it :) please explain :)

Oiyi said...

Very cute stitch markers!

Copperheart said...

They look great! I think it's such an neat idea to make things for other crafters to use.

Annie said...

These are beautiful! But I never mastered knitting - only crocheting, so I am not quite sure what they'd be for. STILL - they are so pretty I'm tempted to learn to knit just to find out.