Wednesday 19 March 2008

The Grey Sheep

There is a black sheep in every family.
Proverb

--
But ours now has a grey one.

My first knitting project is finally finished! And yes, I know that from this angle it looks more like a rabbit than a sheep.
Pattern: Laurie Lambkin from Nursery Knits book by Tessa Watts-Russell
Yarn: Inca (Alpaca/Acrylic/Nylon) by Hayfield Textiles
Tension:
I would love to tell you, but I no longer remember.

The worst part was putting up with all the Australians & sheep jokes from my husband, who also named the little thing as Lambo. The best part is that the little girl actually likes Lambo. I was contemplating making the tail much shorter than in the pattern as I never met a sheep with such a long tail, but now I’m happy that I didn’t as Cat drags the poor sheep everywhere by its tail. I also realised that I’ll never be a toy maker as I find the last steps of putting them together and giving them faces very frustrating and time consuming. If you want to see some beautiful knitted toys go here, specially because at the moment Julie is having a give-away to celebrate her 200th post.

P.S. The photo background is some paintings Cat and I did last week using the finger paints sent to us by Sharon. So much fun!

1 comment:

Yeah So said...

too cute! one of these days I'm going to sit and knit a toy for real.