Sunday 9 March 2008

Random acts of kindness

It is the random acts of kindness and generosity that give us renewed faith in the world.
Sharon of Sound Bites

--
On Wednesday, just after lunch, a package arrived. The first thing we examined on opening it was the Lost blanket book with Igglepiggle on the cover. You should’ve seen Cat’s facial expression - total confusion at first (I can just imagine her poor little brain thinking: how come he is in the book, not on TV?), followed by lots of smiles and pointing and turning of pages. Next we tried out the crayons and pencils before Cat’s nap. And still have finger paints to try. And there was a present for me as well - a knitting book . All from lovely Sharon, who decided to brighten up our day with random act of generosity. Thank you.

This week was full of them. Last Saturday we received totally unexpected package from my aunt with two Russian books. Naree helped out by babysitting while I had a long conversation with my boss. Julia gave me few presents on Friday. And yesterday we received a postcard with a beautiful sunset view of Ayutthaya from Olya. I feel very loved this week and the world seem to be a wonderful place despite poor husband spending 3 days in bed with a stomach bug. Thank you.

No comments: