Friday 14 March 2008

Favorite Color Swap Questionnaire

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.
Oscar Wilde "The Picture of Dorian Gray"

--

Starfish mentioned Favorite Color Swap on her blog and like Oscar Wilde “I can resist everything except temptation.” (Lady Windermere's Fan). Matches were made yesterday and therefore I want to welcome my swap pal to the blog – hope you’ll enjoy it and here are the answers to the questionnaire.

1. What are your top three favorite colors?
All the different shades of green, but especially olive green
Purple
Orange

2. What crafts do you really enjoy?
Beading – my newest and strongest addiction
Crochet – old and comfortable love
Knitting - though enjoy isn’t yet the right verb for it, struggle with would be a better way to describe my current relationship with knitting
And I want to learn to quilt so I can make myself a perfect quilt I always dreamt about

3. What products do you really covet?
Books and beads

4. What other activities do you enjoy besides your favorite crafty things?
Reading, walking, listening to classical music (or “dead people music" as my husband likes to call it), baking, making breakfasts (I’m a morning person and it’s the only meal of the day I always enjoy making). I struggle to think of anything else – I’m sure there were many other things I enjoyed doing pre-child.

5. Is there anything you collect?
Quotes and poems.

I used to collect tourist postcards and bunnies, but due to lack of space I’m trying to avoid accumulating extra things. But I always fail than it comes to books and beads and yarn and…

6. What is your zodiac sign and/or Chinese zodiac symbol?
Taurus and horse

7.What are your favorite…

…scents/smells? I’m pretty picky than it comes to scents. I don’t like sweet flowery ones, but can’t think of anything I like except Verbena.

…types of music and/or bands? classical, jazz

…authors? Margaret Atwood, Erica Jong, J. R. R. Tolkien, Oscar Wilde

…animals? bunnies, cats, birds

…places to shop? I’m not a big fan of shopping (specially for clothes), but I enjoy browsing bookshops, craftshops and thrift/charity shops. And if I had lots of money I would shop on Etsy

…season? spring

…yarn/fabric/paper/other craft supplies? Did I mention beads earlier? :-)

…candies or goodies? I’m not a big fan of candies, biscuits (I think they are called cookies in US?) and tea are my thing

8. Do you have any wish lists?

No. I had an amazon one, but it is horribly out of date.

9. Are you allergic to anything?

No, not really

10. Do you have any pets? What are they?

No

11. Please include anything else you would like your secret pal to know about you- anything that would be helpful in finding you little gifts that you will really enjoy. Also, if you have a Ravelry ID, please include it here.

I just got my Ravelry invite and am trying to figure it out (id – fioleta). I’m easy to please and I would love to find out more about you, your traditions, family recipes, your town/country. Since I’m relatively new to the whole craft thing and always want to try something new any craft supplies will be welcomed. I also want to get back into letter writing (the old-fashioned paper kind) and painting/drawing. My favourite flowers are tulips. If you have any question, please ask.


Green & purple, tea & biscuits, favourite magazine & flowers - I think I had a perfect midday break today.

No comments: