Wednesday 12 March 2008

Can Flossy become a ballerina?

Meet Florence (or Flossy for short). She is from up North. She likes running, jumping and dancing. She came to London to pursue her dream of becoming a ballerina.
--
I was toying with the idea of making a doll for Cat, but I don’t have a sewing machine and sewing by hand would drive me completely insane. And then I saw Katy’s dolls on UK Handmade Flickr group and after checking out her blog and Etsy store I placed a custom order. I think Katy’s bunnies are totally adorable. But if I got one everyone would know that I got it for myself, while with a doll I can pretend that it is solely for Cat’s enjoyment. And she is enjoying it, though I haven’t managed to get a good shot of them together, as the little girl is highly interested in grabbing the camera from me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cat is beautiful! I so pleased you are both happy with Flossie - and I really hope she acheives her dream and becomes a ballerina!!!

Yeah So said...

How adorable (the toy and the girl). I want to make softies so bad, but like you I don't want to take the time to hand sew, and Lord knows I don't need another stash addiction.