Sunday 5 October 2008

Russian orphans

A friend sent me a link to the “In a fairy-tale village, Russian orphans thrive” article. I hear from him so rarely that any email, even one that contains no personal information about him, feels like a little gift and I was very glad to read about someone trying to do something different to help a small number of Russian’s orphans. If you want to find out more about Kitezh visit their Russian website.

While we are on the topic of Russian orphans, Rachael posted very positive update on her Simple Wishes Project. The woman is amazing and is definitely one of my real life heroes.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Thank-you!

And, it's always nice to hear about children thriving, too!

Annie said...

How neat to see this article! I ran across their website a number of years ago....maybe while I was awaiting Sergei - that long ago. And I was really, really intrigued... Thinking that moving in wouldn't be a bad idea!

Now that my "real" life is falling apart it appeals to me again. Though I suppose one shouldn't come with one's ready-made family of orphans.

A simple, village life without bigger worries than just loving others - that sounds magnificent. No wonder it is healing.