Friday 10 October 2008

Counting

Despite me counting the stairs in Russian every time we walk down from the third floor and back up, Cat recently started saying “one, two, three” while climbing onto her highchair and before running down a hill. She actually “counts” in Russian as well, but totally out of order with most numbers being три (three) or шесть (six).

And at the moment she is in her bed doing her own rendition of “Row, row, row your boat” instead of sleeping despite looking exhausted for hours.

2 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Count your blessings that she is staying in her bed, not coming out or calling for you or your husband. At least she is where she should be and I bet listening to her is sweet.

Annie said...

What better gift than two languages!

I work so hard to keep my children fluent in Russian...and until Ilya came and [seemingly] refused to learn English it was an uphill battle. Now they all speak Russian at home, and I speak more myself, even occasionally without meaning to. (Just wish I could bring all my lost vocabulary from my subconscious without meaning to!)