Monday 30 June 2008

Golden Rays Necklace

I made few more beaded spoke beads following instructions from Carol Wilcox Wells' "The Art & Elegance of Beadweaving" book. They are weaved from tiny seed beads over the wooden beads. I strung the finished beaded beads on the memory wire to make this simple necklace.

For such a simple necklace I learned many new things in the process of making it: how to use crimp pliers, the properties of memory wire, the advantages of coating the thread with beeswax before use, that practice does make perfect and increases the speed with which I can accomplish things.

5 comments:

driftwood said...

oh that's really lovely, wouldn't describe it as simple though!

Anonymous said...

It's very pretty and shiny :-)
Thankyou for making it for me!

Anonymous said...

Wow.. Awesome design.. I like to wear gold and I have 3 sets of gold necklace.

Yeah So said...

Very lovely!

Rachael said...

It's very pretty. I'm impressed.