Thursday 5 June 2008

The breaking news

The Little Girl climbed onto the chair today. I never saw her try before, but today she just walked up to one and calmly climbed on top of it. It probably doesn’t sound very momentous to you as she was climbing onto beds and the couch for ages, but our childproofing method so far consisted of mainly moving things up out of her reach and we are quickly running out of space. I guess next she will be trying to climb out of her cot. I’m really not looking forward to trying to rearrange everything again.

She also got her dad to play dress up with her today while I sneaked out to the supermarket. On my return I found her wearing a black long-sleeve t-shirt, grey pyjama bottoms, white trainers and sparkly pink & purple dress. She brought each item to Clive and got him to help her put them on. Julia, you would be proud! Sadly there are no photos as she wouldn't stay still.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

When our kids were little, we used to block them into the main living area by moving all the furniture around. We affectionately called it "baby jail" and it was a tragic day when they grew old enough to figure out how to break out!

Anonymous said...

Wow, finally a game I can play with Child :-)