Tuesday 17 June 2008

Bitter-sweet


The climate, the buildings, the people, even the dust of Ukraine reminded me of the place in which I grew up. I have many bad memories from my childhood in Soviet Russia and even more totally awesome ones, therefore my reactions to many situations and things in Ukraine were often extreme in both their negativity and positivity. The overwhelming strength of my feelings left me confused and slightly exhausted; and just as I started getting to grips with them it was time to go back to London. I wish I had few more weeks to enjoy the company of wonderful friends, the sunshine and the sea. I’m the wrong person to tell you about Ukraine as I won’t be able to do justice to its beauty, richness and complexity. If you get a chance go there and experience it for yourself.

The photos from Kiev are on Flickr and I will upload Odessa photos by the end of this week. More photos and the actual write up of what we did and saw can be found on my cousin's blog.

No comments: