Thursday 19 June 2008

To love and be loved

I was sitting on the floor yesterday playing with my daughter. Suddenly she walked up to me, put her arms tightly around my neck, leaned her whole body against mine and rested her head on my shoulder. My breath caught by the sweetness of her hug, I stayed still afraid to disturb the perfect moment, trying to prolong it for few extra precious seconds. She showed affection towards me before, but never her hugs were so strong and full of love. At that instant my heart felt close to bursting from all the love I felt for her. And yet again I was reminded to be thankful for the joys of motherhood, for being loved and for having a chance to love unconditionally.

Photo taken in Odessa by Clive. I couldn't resist getting a shot with a lion as I have few similar ones taken during my childhood trips to the Black Sea. I wish my photo-albums were here instead of Australia, so I could scan one or two for comparison.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh, how sweet.

Polina said...

wow... must be an awesome feeling :) *hugs*

Tanya said...

I can't wait to experience it myself. :)

Yeah So said...

The older she gets the more frequent those hugs come and each one will be just as sweet. Until they become teenagers anyway ;)

Toni said...

I have tears, honestly! I remember all those first baby hugs, they were so special as they were just learning all about their little world and I was so privileged to be a part of it. Now all five of mine are grown and some even have little ones of their own. I get to experience it all over again with them.