Wednesday 27 February 2008

Another sickness

On Monday night Cat was very eager to get to bed and just as I put her down she threw up. She did finally fall asleep after another quick bath, change of bedding and lots of rocking. But 40 minutes later she was awake and vomiting again. And that is how the next unpleasant 24 hours started destroying all my good intentions of writing about York, knitting or working. Poor thing couldn’t keep anything down except the tiniest amounts of water for most of yesterday. And she couldn’t understand that breastfeeding won’t necessary make her feel any better and therefore kept on signing for it. Being drenched in breast milk brought back some memories. Eventually what seemed to work was giving her some water and then breastfeeding about 30 minutes later. But once she got better breastfeeding became the greatest and easiest solution for her need for comfort, re-hydration and nourishment. She is on the mend and I got a tiny reminder to be grateful for our health and to appreciate the good days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor hungry child :-(

Rachael said...

Poor baby. Hope she is better soon. I miss the snuggling from breast-feeding.

I've a sick (11-year old) over at my house too. Not much blogging or sleeping going on at this house right now either!

Catherine said...

Oh, poor baby. I'm sorry to say I have enough similar experiences in my memory that I can empathize with you very well. :(

Yeah So said...

:(

I hope she's feeling better soon.

Polina said...

Awww... I hope little baby Cat will get better soon. *big hugs*