Saturday 2 August 2008

Unbalanced Rainbow Shawl


I thought I finished crocheting the shawl, but when I looked at it I realised that I made the beginners mistake of getting too caught up in the stitches and forgetting to check the whole. Its sides are tonally unbalanced due to one having more dark colours than the other. Ironically after reading This Year's Word: Half Way Point post I was contemplating the Balance, the word that I would choose as the theme for the rest of the year. I have a tiny bit of yarn left, so I can unravel few rows and use it to shift the colour change somewhat. Or should I just leave it as is?

Pattern: Eva's shawl
Yarn: Noro Kureyon Sock

2 comments:

naree said...

I thought of the third option.
How about crocheting two new sides(?) of matching patterns? Then you can make two new shawls!

I love the colour you picked :)

Tina in CT said...

Leave it as it is as it's beautiful. I am not a crocheter but a knitter.