Tuesday 19 August 2008

Crochet beauties


I had yesterday’s post all written up and ready for posting in the evening, but I had two glasses of wine with the few friends to celebrate my cousin’s birthday (the lucky girl herself is in Australia at the moment) and since I don’t usually drink alcohol I totally forgot about blogging. I keep on wondering how everyday posters manage to find time for it. Anyway, here is yesterday’s post:

I love reading What Not to Crochet blog, though I don’t always agree with the authors assessments, but I have to admit that there is a surprising number of hideous crocheted things and crochet books often disappoint me with their impractical, boring and even ugly designs. Therefore I treasure finding beautiful crochet masterpieces. On Saturday in Fortnum & Mason store I discovered the work of French designer Sophie Digard. Sadly her website doesn’t have much information, but you can see examples of her amazing multi-colour work here.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

The "What Not to Crochet" website is good for a laugh! Thanks for sharing that.

Also, very good idea to celebrate friend's birthdays so well, even in their absence! :)

Yeah So said...

Wow she's something. Although imagine weaving in all those ends...

Jane said...

A great place to buy Sophie Digard items is http://www.pedshoes.com, which always has a good selection. I bought a scarf last year that I absolutely adore (so much more intricate and beautiful than any picture can convey). Ped handles international orders and even has a currency converter handily posted withe every item. Plus, the customer service I received was exceptional. Love Sophie Digard. Love Ped Shoes.