Saturday 16 August 2008

My kind of shop

Today was a good day because I discovered another fabric/haberdashery store in London. MacCulloch & Wallis is off Oxford Street, very close to John Lewis (another place I love to visit for yarn and other various craft bits and bobs). Doesn’t the façade of the shop make you fall in love with it straight away? I wish I could take some of your inside, so we could marvel at all the beautiful fabrics, laces, ribbons and buttons together.

I also wish I had real-life friends interested in craft, so they would show me places like this instead of having to rely on lucky accidents to discover them.

5 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I love it!

Allegra said...

oooh, i would totally go with you to that shop. how adorable!

Penelope said...

Call up closest Waldorf School and ask about craft group to join!
Learn all about making beautiful toys and other items from natural materials. And meet other moms who love to craft and know about all sorts of wonderful crafty places!

Ruth's Place said...

Gorgeous!! I'd go with you too. I have the same problem here, no crafty friends...

Anonymous said...

I guess that is the reason why the craft blogging community is so strong, because so many of us are so far apart :)
I have two friends who knit, one really appreciates everything I do, the other one, I think she is sort of stuck in the past and knitting is something you do while watching tv.
So crafting friends is hard, and then trying to arrange such a trip, even harder!!!