Tuesday 15 April 2008

Various everyday bits

This weekend, after months of trying, I finally managed to photograph my favourite locks in the whole wide world.


Cat’s favourite book at the moment is Each Peach Pear Plum by Janet and Allan Ahlberg. We read it so many times that two nights in the row my dreams consisted of seeing different objects, pointing at them and saying “I spy …”.

I suspect tonight I’ll be dreaming of trains as I spent most of my free time today trying to figure out the easiest (and cheapest) way to book train tickets from Odessa to Kiev for 8 people. Ukrainian rail doesn’t make it easy for people outside Ukraine. As far as I can tell only Ukrainian travel agencies are allowed to sell the tickets and there aren’t many of them around on the web and some of those only deliver tickets to the addresses inside the Ukraine.

Clive recently stopped spending Sundays working on renovating his investment property, so the three of us get to do something fun together instead. I love all the extra time we have to spend together and enjoy every second of it, but it means that I’m too exhausted to blog on Sunday nights. Therefore I need to figure out a different day for my “quote of the week” post. I’ll try Thursday and/or Friday to see, which one works better for me.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Is that Cat in the picture? Does she have that much hair now?

the dragonfly said...

That is a beautiful picture!!

Zoya said...

Rachael, yes, it is Cat and I love her hair.

Dragonfly, thank you

Annie said...

I LOVE Each Peach Pear Plum! A favorite with my older kids; I need to get it out again!