Sunday 27 April 2008

Inspirational book

As parents, we’re given a tremendous opportunity to nurture, support, and encourage children in their early artistic expressions. A beautiful side effect of that effort is that we can nurture, support, and encourage our own artistic expression at the same time, even if we were never supported that way as children.
Amanda Blake Soule “The Creative Family”


--
Finally my copy of SouleMama’s The Creative Family arrived this week. Just holding the book and looking through the photos made me feel happy: Amanda’s book, like her blog, is so full of love, respect and care for herself, her family and their creative spirit. I’m enjoying slowly reading through it – few pages everyday. The little girl loves looking at the cover of the book, pointing at all the kids and mama in turn. I wish I could show you a photo of her looking at the book, but every time I take my camera out I get this reaction:

4 comments:

driftwood said...

lots of people are talking about this book, I'm going to have to find a copy

Polina said...

LOL... Katya seems to want to be a photographer herself! :)

Rachael said...

cute.

interesting book...I hadn't heard of it.

naree said...

That sounds interesting. Could I borrow it after you read it?