Sunday 20 April 2008

All along

I don’t seem to have much luck with writing quote of the week posts recently, even though for a change I have plenty of quotes to share with you.

Occasionally I watch some TV and few weeks ago while watching very enjoyable The No 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency movie, I was struck by how much attention I paid to the beautiful colours of the buildings and clothes and this quote popped into my head:

The world was always
there before,
but where
was I?
Erica Jong The Raspberries in My Driveway

Additionally every time I see an episode of The Great British Menu, I get frustrated at not being able to get a better view of Prue Leith’s necklaces, as I would love to study how they are made. Trying to create simple things and seeing my daughter discover the world lead me to being more aware of my surroundings. Nowadays every time I step outside there is something new to see and to experience: the fascinating knitwear, the unique jewellery pieces, the fresh green of the spring leaves, the bird songs, the feel of the cold wind.

Ah raspberry -
if you are so beautiful
upon my ready tongue,
imagine what wonders
lie in store
for me!
Erica Jong The Raspberries in My Driveway

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Love the quotes this week. Good food for thought! :)

driftwood said...

quotes for the week is such a lovely idea, I especially like the first one.