Friday 19 January 2007

Tired

Yesterday was very windy, so after feeling like I or the pram will fly away while walking around the block I cut down the morning walk from 1 – 1.5 hrs to 20-30 minutes and avoided going to the park. I wonder how much stronger the wind was in the open space. And as we got home Catherine woke up and the rest of the day was spent trying to entertain her and trying to get her back to sleep. She woke up every time I put her down in her cot, so eventually in the late afternoon I gave up and just carried her around in the sling. Comforted by my warmth Cat slept really well and I managed to get some things done.

Today is wonderfully blue-skied and sunny day, so we went for a long walk in the park. The sidewalks are covered with small branches and I saw 2 fallen trees (pretty big ones) in the park. Catherine woke up during the walk, looked around for 5-10 minutes and went back to sleep. I felt so relieved! Hopefully she’ll sleep until her usual 12:30 – 13:00. Entertaining someone, who has attention span of the gold fish, is extremely difficult, though seeing her smile and learn to do new things, makes it worthwhile. Still I’m really looking forward to Clive taking over on the weekend. Last weekend he spent doing thing for his renovation/investment property, so I think I’m due for a break and he for some quality time with Cat :-D

No comments: