Thursday 18 January 2007

Check-ups

Went to Baby Clinic on Tuesday. Catherine passed 5 kg mark and is now 5,040 grams. She is also about to outgrow most of her 0-3 months clothes, her body is just too long for them. I wonder if there actually many babies that are still wearing 0-3 months clothes on their 3-month bday.

Yesterday I took her for her 6-week check up. Since appointment was at the end of her morning feed we were about 10 minutes late, but still had to wait for another 10 minutes before the doctor was finished with earlier patient. Nothing exciting to report – Catherine is boringly (thank goodness!) healthy baby.

Looks like all our problems were due to her not getting too much foremilk and not enough hindmilk. I managed to get my milk supply under control and she is doing much better, sometimes going as long as 6 hours between feeds and smiling much more. I still haven’t managed to get a good picture of her wonderful smile.

I can’t believe that UK’s Big Brother is BBC’s main news for today and made international news. Depressing! I’m sure there are more interesting and important things going on in the world today.

No comments: