Wednesday 13 December 2006

Sleep, banks and birth registration

The wait ended up being about 2 hours (more than 5 hours from the start of her previous feed!). I replied to few emails - she was still asleep. So I decided to call my Australian Bank. I hate banks! They locked my internet account due to suspicious activity, which was transferring money from my savings account to my credit card account to pay annual credit card fee. How is that for suspicious? New problem is that I have no idea what contact phone number they have for me and it is one of their security questions (not sure why they can’t just ask me for my phone banking password). I’ll have to fax them my UK phone number, my signature and copy of my passport so they can establish that I am who I say I am by calling me.

Surprisingly Cat was still asleep and I decided to skype my mum, so she could look at her first granddaughter. Two of us spent about one hour marvelling at how cute she is :-D. Eventually I decided it was time to play with her face and little hands to encourage wakefulness. She managed to catch up on being awake during the day though – don’t think she slept for more than 1.5 hrs at the time today.

Clive went to Brent town hall to register Cat’s birth and was told that he was supposed to contact Westminster council instead as she was born in Westminster. According to the hospital we could register her in the borough of her birth or of our residence. There is so much conflicting information when it comes to almost anything to do with babies, but especially about breastfeeding. I think the first two weeks were more difficult because half of the time I didn’t know who to listen to or who contact for advise. Luckily Brent council took all Cat’s details, going to send them to Westminster and we should receive her birth certificate in about one week.

3 comments:

Maxcelcat said...

Yo! Zoya! Welcome. Have you been reading my blog? maxcelcat.livejournal.com. Man, even my soon-to-be acquired kitten has a blog. Will read avidly :-)

Anonymous said...

Zoya!! I am happy you have a blog so you can keep me updated with your stories (especially the ones about Cat)

Cat is toooo cute :o) I can't wait to visit again!!!

Zoya said...

Paul, are you really going to get a cat? Never thought of you as a cat person.

Debbie, looking forward to your next visit as well. You are so much fun!