Tuesday 19 December 2006

Best time to sleep (or not?)

Last night was difficult – Cat started screaming at around 7pm. Changing her diaper, feeding her, holding her close, burping her, rocking her, changing positions would stop the screaming only for 5-10 minutes. Eventually she fell asleep, but putting her in her cot just didn’t work – so she ended up spending the night in our bed. It was the only way for me to get some sleep.

It looks like Catherine’s best sleep time is between 6 and 11 am, which is exactly my best awake time. So two Cs are usually sleeping peacefully every morning, while I’m enjoying having slow shower, breakfast and getting few household things done. But today in the morning I stayed in bed to get few extra moments of sleep.

All day today she was back to her angelic self. Lets hope her happy state continues for the rest of the night *knocks on wood*. And since I finally figured out how to use the sling three of us spent early afternoon collected all the leaves in the garden into plastic bags. I’m happy to say that one of our friends is making compost and the leaves won’t go to waste.

2 comments:

Polina said...

How does this sling actually work? It sounds like the most convoluted thing in the world! I demand to see a proper picture of it in action where one can see all the ropes and whistles.

Zoya said...

I'll try to do a demonstration once you are here for New Year.