Friday 5 September 2008

Silk & wood

After all the fun of the long weekend Cat decided to sleep better at night and less during the day; and I'm still adjusting to the new routine and haven't done much crafting or writing or photo taking.

However I made another autumn present for myself - Chinese Button knot necklace with wooden beads.

Olive green is one of my favourite colours, so I couldn't resit getting some silk cord in that colour even though the shop had very little left and I wasn't sure if it will be long enough to make a necklace. On my return home I remembered about the wooden beads I had for at least a year and was very glad to finally use as I love the feel and look of wooden beads, but didn't want to have necklace made out of them only. I was very glad to find out that there is enough cord for it to just fit over my head. Very good and easy to follow instructions for making knots can be found in Chinese Knots for Beaded Jewellery book by Suzen Millodot )

I had to take the photo of the unfinished necklace while the sun was out (it was raining for 3 days and the forecast predicts more rain): I tightened the knots a bit more and still have to cut of and seal the ends using cigarette lighter flame (don't think we have one in the house).

2 comments:

Dina said...

Hello, I've just found your blog and enjoyed browsing through the photos and reading your posts. I will come back to visit. good day to you.

Polina said...

wow - looks very pretty :) I'm also happy about autumn and actually looking forward to winter :)