Wednesday 30 January 2008

The parting gift


Before my parents left my mum knitted for me a very warm jumper/semi-coat. It was truly inspirational to see her measure, knit samples, measure, knit and re-knit. And while she wasn’t 100% happy with the result, I love it. And the little brooch by Hume Sweet Hume I bought in Edinburgh looks like it was made especially for this coat.

Now I need to find the perfect buttons for it. I’m thinking of some long wooden ones or maybe something triangular. It’s very tempting to try to search for them on Etsy, but I’m trying to resist this temptation. I saw some wooden buttons at Portobello Market which came close (but not close enough) to what I envisioned. Maybe I should attach any buttons, while I keep on searching for the just right ones or I may end up being unable to wear it for a very long time.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

That's quite a knitting project, I'm impressed.

So are you afraid Etsy will suck you in? lol.

Anonymous said...

Oh man I miss Portabello market!
Is Spittalfields still going or did the evil capitalist bastards develop it into offices yet?

Anonymous said...

And I see your hair is growing out again.
Are you going to keep it short or let it grow?
I desparately need to get to the hairdresser - but can't even find time to phone and make an appointment - not to mention actually spending an hour in the salon!!!

Zoya said...

Rachael, yes! I have highly addictive personality.

Pen, I would prefer to keep my hair short, but can't decide what type of haircut to have this time and also have the same problem as you -> there is not enough time for everything, so some things suffer more than others.