Wednesday 23 January 2008

A new hat

After I saw the hat created by Mette, I wanted to make one to go with my ruffle scarf. Mette made it sound so easy, but still I kept on putting off starting this little project. My mum’s knitting without patterns finally inspired me. Unlike Mette, I crocheted from top down increasing every other round until the hat reached the desired circumference - easy, though I had to restart few times to get the shape I like. The flower is simple Irish Lace motif from Crocheting School book – lovely book of crochet stitches that I find very useful during the design stage. There is one slight problem with this hat – it is too warm for current London weather, but hopefully it will be perfect for the usual cold snap in February.

After my friend saw the hat, she asked if I can make a flower corsage for her. Everything was going well until I ran out of wool for the leaves. So I used scraps of Rowan cotton glace instead and to make the whole thing fit together better added some beads.

And here is another photo of the hat – trying to photograph a hat on oneself is hard and this is the best I could manage.

1 comment:

Tanti said...

WOW!!! *speechless!*
They look very very good. I think you can make the flowers for sale.. or gifts for your friends ;)