Wednesday 16 January 2008

Nutcraker

I prefer opera over ballet and symphony music over opera, but I love Nutcracker ballet. Is it possible not to love this truly magical Christmas masterpiece? And last night I enjoyed it again at the Royal Opera House. As expected of Royal Opera House the music and dancing were superb, the sets and costumes very lavish. I always notice the sets and suspect I could enjoy sitting though an average play if I found the sets interesting. Thinking of it there are some play sets that I remember better than the storyline of the play they were for. And during yesterday’s performance I kept on thinking which parts of the sets/costumes I found perfect and what I would do differently, because my vision of the Nutcracker is slightly different. In an alternative universe I would be a stage designer, in this one I’m unable to sketch out my vision. I keep on promising myself that one day I will dig out my watercolour paints and learn to express my inner images. Maybe I should just set a date instead of talking (and now writing) about it.

I want to say a big thank to Naree, who babysat Cat. Thank you for giving me few hours of freedom to have this enchanting experience. I enjoyed every moment of it.

1 comment:

S* said...

Fioleta I've just got Blogspot access again (yay!) so I wanted to take this chance to tell you how much I really enjoy reading your blog! I was inspired by the link you put up to "pay it forward" and I'd like to send you something, but I do need your postal address, so do you think you could email it to me? sharon.thibault[at]gmail.com