Tuesday 9 October 2007

Teething + cold = misery

How many times before did I say that teething SUCKs? Can I say so again? Though teething combined with cold is worse, much worse. Poor Cat started getting runny nose on Saturday and she is still sick today, though by the end of the day she started to look better. Yesterday she was miserable while awake, but struggled to stay asleep. So lots of my time was spent holding her and rocking her to sleep – few times she did fall asleep after 20 minutes of rocking to wake up again in 30 minutes. At night I gave up and just kept her in our bed as she sleeps better snuggled next to me. In theory I support co-sleeping. In practice it doesn’t work very well for me as I end up sleeping around her at the funny angles and wake up with all my joints aching.

I’m grateful that my dad is here and thankful to him for providing lots of help to me and entertainment for the little girl. Mum is currently enjoying the hospitality of her sisters in Russia.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Hope she's feeling better soon.

We're getting sick here too, but thankfully, no one is teething.

Anonymous said...

Hey honey-bunny,

Sorry to hear that your monkey is sniffley.
Trinity Rose has finaly managed to cut two HUGE molars - I don't think she has any mucous left in her body after these ones!

Aren't grandparents the best?
I thank heavens that we have Noel so close at hand and my parents only 10 mins away. Many times I curse returning to Sa and then I remind myself of why Andrew wanted to.

Some baddies broke in and stole the lap top Clive gave Noel last night. Just another SA crime statistic i'm afraid! Buggers!

xxx