Wednesday 10 October 2007

Still sick

Today in the morning, while I was working, Cat fell asleep in my dad’s arms. It was such a sweet sight. Before my parents arrived I wondered what type of grandparent my dad would be. I couldn’t really picture him in the role. Don’t get me wrong - I never doubted that he’ll be a wonderful grandfather, but my imagination just wasn’t good enough to envision the details of their interaction with each other. So it is really heartening to see how comfortable they are and how much they like being together.

She was acting more energetic today and slept better, but developed nasty sounding cough. Therefore I took her to see a doctor, who prescribed antibiotics and some nasal drops. :-( My poor little darling, I hope she’ll get better soon. Thank you to everyone who is wishing her well.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

I hope Cat is feeling better soon!

Penelopixie said...

Oooh was going to offer sage parenting advice and then got distracted by Philip Pullman on you sidebar thingy.
Best books I've read in ages
I think they are making them into movies....
Any-hoo I would recommend you also get her some... darn what's it called?
Biffodofiluss or something weird like that (the stuff you find in yoghurt...) Its the bacteria that live in your stomach that help digest food.
The antibiotics kill them all and make it hard on the wee ones' digestive system. You can get drops or a powder at the pharmacy here, perhaps the local health food shop would have?
I usually just mix with a squirt of breast milk and give it to them half way between antibiotic doses.
That's my tuppence worth.
P

Polina said...

Hope she gets better soon! :)