Sunday 2 September 2007

Another charming book

It’s been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will. Of course, you must make it up firmly.
L. M. Montgomery “Anne of Green Gables


--
This book was in the kids section of the library, but I thought I’ll read it anyway since I heard good things about it (and I love reading kids books). I’m loving it! There are still so many books unread (even in my own small collection) and so many more wonderful treasures I may never get the time to read or may not even hear about. Do you have a favourite book or books? Is there anything else I should add to my extremely long list of books to read?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Anne of Green Gables. I have read all of the books and watched the entire series (it was a ritual with my mom to watch every episode)..

Anonymous said...

Definately a defining book in my life was A Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood!!!
My current favourites are Guess How Much I Love You and Runaway Bunny - don't know the authors
Funny how I spend half my life with my nose in a book and yet when people ask me this question I can never find an answer. It depends so much on the mood I'm in...

Rachael said...

Haha, now I'm catching up on your blog! Great minds must think alike! ;)

I have the whole Anne of Green Gables set -- read it many years ago and I've been saving it for my daughter.

I addition to the books I listed on my recent post that made the "re-read" cut (and include my faves), I also really enjoyed Jeanette Walls memoir "The Glass Castle". I have many, many classics that will always be faves but that I've only read once (Jane Eyre, The Grapes of Wrath, etc.) Way too many to list.

I also really love Sophie Kinsella's "Shopaholic" books, esp. the first one.

I'm going to check out some of your suggestions from your comment to me. Always looking for something new to check out from the library!

Tanya said...

Have you seen the Anne of Green Gables series? I watched it over and over again growing up with my family and loved it! I also read the books growing up and loved them.

There are so many books I've enjoyed.. but I can't think of any of the top of my head.

I also have a huge list of books on my "to read" list. And it's always growing. So I don't think I'll ever read all the books I want to in my lifetime.

Currently I am reading "The Memory Keepers Daughter" by Kim Edwards which I'm enjoying.