Friday 24 August 2007

Happy Birthday

She is always married too soon who gets a bad husband, and she is never married too late who gets a good one.
Daniel Defoe "Moll Flanders"

This is what I wanted to tell my grandmother when she was pestering me to get married. She believes that every woman should get married as soon as possible (as men like only young girls and anyone past eighteen is an old maid) and have a kid. While she wished me all the best, in her desire to see me married she often overlooked the more important part (at least for me) of finding a suitable person, with whom I’ll be able to share my everyday life happily. To her eyes women of my generation, searching for a perfect mate, appeared to be too picky and heading for disappointment, disillusionment and more importantly loneliness. I’m glad that I persevered, because eventually I found the person, who has all the good qualities I respect and admire in people; who makes me feel happy, comfortable and loved; who I love more and more every day. Happy birthday, my Dearest.

3 comments:

Tanti said...

Happy belated birthday to Clive! :)

Zoya, did you make that cupcake? that looks yumm... *drool* :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you love! And yes, the cup-cakes were delicious!

S* said...

Happy birthday Clive. The cute little crawling Cat I am sure is every bit as sweet as the cupcake...