Sunday 1 July 2007

The small things

I love good haircuts. Without having a good hairdresser (oh how I miss my brilliant Australian one!) I go through cycles of letting my hair get very long, dream and debate about what haircut and where I should get, finally (after lots of talking) book the hairdressers appointment and get it cut as short as my comfort zone allows me. Yesterday I came out of the hair salon feeling lighter and happier. My hair bounces up and down, I swish it around to enjoy that nice feeling of short hair against my neck and cheeks, I marvel at how much short hair makes me look like my mum. But best of all I feel so upbeat and confident – anything and everything seems possible and doable. Hurray to the small things in life, which make us happy.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

It looks great! Very light and bouncy indeed.

Polina said...

wow - so many posts! You do look like your Mum a lot :) It looks great. I can't decide whether I should colour or perm my hair... or cut it... it's such a difficult decision :)