Thursday 21 June 2007

Precious moments of solitude

I will concentrate on the beauty of one blue hill in the distance, and for me, that moment will be eternity.
Alice Walker "Possessing the Secret of Joy"

Clive lost his glasses on the way to work so to save him from having to wear sunglasses all day long I volunteered to deliver his contact lenses. He was sweet enough to treat me to a nice cup of tea at the recently opened shop. After finishing his tea he decided to take Cat upstairs to introduce her to his colleagues. And therefore I found myself peacefully sitting in the tea shop; enjoying beautiful aroma and light calming taste of Rose White Peony tea; munching on freshly-cooked fantastically rich Triple Chocolate and Nut brownie; looking outside at the brightly lit St Paul’s Cathedral, blue skies and swaying green tree. For the last few days I struggled with trying to figure out how to have more moments like this and suddenly realised that while the weather is good I can occasionally meet up with Clive at lunchtime, give him the Babe to play with for 20-30 minutes and enjoy some solitary time outside during daytime, while they can enjoy currently all too rare moments together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there sista!
I went out last night BY MYSELF for the first time in over a year! Granted it was to an Acorn business meeting, but halleluja it felt gooood! That's why I enjoy working part time. You get to hang with your babas and you get to speak in full sentences at least for a few hours a day!
Your description of tea in the City makes me homesick for London...