Wednesday 25 April 2007

Accomodation found

On Monday our search for new place was finally over. After unsuccessfully searching in our current area, we decided to move a bit further away from London centre for six months. And while staying close to the underground station and big supermarket and paying lower rent than we would here, we’ll have time to weight our options, decide what is important to us and search for that perfect place. Current search was a bit of a failure partially due to us not having a set list of requirements, despite being very clear on what we don’t want. And it looks like agents work better with a list of wants.

I had lots of grand plans for what I can do now that I don’t have to spend most of my free time calling agents and looking at often totally unsuitable place. Sadly I managed to catch some type of intense 24 hour stomach bug. On Monday I was sick on the London underground while travelling to estate agent to put down the deposit. Probably not something I should be proud of, but what impressed me was that, while most people did the usual I-can’t-see-you tube trick, one young woman stopped to check that I was OK and was very persistent in making sure that I don’t require any further assistance. By mid Monday afternoon I was struggling to keep anything down including water. Last time I remember feeling that bad was after work Christmas Party 2004 and we consumed insane amounts of tequila that time. I was very happy to see Clive back home in the evening as I could give Cat to him and curl up under duvet. Clive was quick to point out that I felt extremely cold, not because it was significantly colder than previous few days, but because I was running mild fever. On Tuesday Clive took a day off work (Thanks Love!) and looked after Cat and me, while I mostly stayed in bed. And by the end of the day I felt much better and was able to eat again. Ironically three people emailed asking how I feel about having dinner with them on weekend. I really don’t want to think much about food at the moment.

No comments: