Friday 16 January 2009

Review of 2008

Flight
Some of the files on my Australian photo DVD got corrupted and my computer is struggling to read it. I asked my parents to make me another copy from the one they have and until the new DVD arrives in the mail I thought I’d do a review of 2008. It feels a bit premature to do so, as the year will truly end for me with the trip to South Africa. Lately the starts and ends of my years don’t coincide with the calendar ones.

2008 was definitely a year of travel: starting with our New Year trip to Berlin (Germany), followed by Utsunomiya (Japan), Odessa & Kiev (Ukraine), New York (USA), Melbourne (Australia) and few small trips in UK. I’m planning a quieter year at home: maybe do some camping in summer, explore London and surroundings, do a lot of walking and train riding and less air travelling. Long trips to far away lands feel wrong for our family at the moment.

I made few things this year, not as many as I could’ve if I was more organized and less timid in starting new projects.
My creations of 2008
However I learned to knit thanks to my mum, attempted to sew few simple things and discovered the joy of embroidery. I’m looking forward to improving my crafting skills and making many items for our new home (despite the horrified look on my husband’s face, who is probably imagining floral curtains and crocheted doilies covering every surface).


And my main project is growing well and bringing me more joy than I ever could imagine. Should I have another one?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Husband IS afraid of the doilies! The Devils Work they are...mortal sins against style...mutter mutter..

tess said...

my hubby is afraid of cushions - he thinks they are a total nuisance......
and I think another main project is a lovely idea!

Rachael said...

1 -- I am jealous of all the great places you got to visit this year! But, I know what you mean about travel being exhausting with little ones, especially. Sometimes home is just as nice!

2 -- I very much love the idea of keeping a photo collage of all the yearly creations. I may have to steal this idea!

3 -- Yes. Definitely. Have another one! (She is so cute with her blonde curls!)

4 -- So many exlamation points. :)

Annie said...

I loved looking through your creations... You are an artist. I must say your "Pay it forward" winners are extraordinarily lucky folks! I adore, adore, adore the spiral scarf. And, so many more of your gorgeous things.

Penelope said...

YES, YES, YES!!!
Now that you are settled in a new, permanent nest I would say definately have another one.
Although be warned - I always say that having one kid is like hanging around with a short person. Anything more than that and you have Children :)
I found that the just over three year age gap worked perfectly for me as baby no 1 has got over being a baby and was ready to be a big sister.
Good luck and much love.

Tina in CT said...

If you and your husband want another, then go for it. If you both decide to keep your family as is, that's fine too. I come from a line of onlies and had an only (by choice). Don't listen to others. Do what YOU want as you know what's best for your family.

Ruth's Place said...

Love the photo collage of the years work, you got a lot done, considering all your travel, and your main project.

Tanya said...

I like the idea of you having a second child - so that I can hear all about your experiences before I decide whether or not to have a second. LOL. But really it's up to you! :)

Eug said...

Have four! That's what I'd like if I could afford it and the wife/wives (when I get one) agree :-)