Thursday 15 January 2009

In love

Early in the morning
I thought we managed to switch back to London time, but yesterday Cat fall asleep at 1 pm and slept until 4 am today. After being stuck inside the house all day yesterday I really wanted to get out and we went for a very early morning walk. Navigating in a new area in the dark was hard, but we got to see a fox and after finding a big park had it almost all to ourselves.
the pond
On the way back I went to a little local veggie shop to get some potatoes. After all the cold of outside Cat wasn’t in the mood to interact with the sales lady, but it didn’t stop her from giving Cat a mandarin. Made my day. I’m sure it makes business sense to be extra nice to the new customers, but I think the little kind gestures like that make a world much nicer place. And with my desire to be part of the community I definitely prefer shopping at the local shops instead of the big supermarkets.

I was completely in love with this area before we moved here and was slightly worried that I was seeing everything through the rose-coloured glasses. But I keep on falling more and more in love with it everyday. There seems to be so much to discover and enjoy here.

3 comments:

Penelope said...

Where is your new home?
Does Noel know you've bought a house? He usually enjoys Clives achievements so much and relays news as thoughhe had made these acievements himself!
I wish you guys al the best.
Have now begun counting sleeps till you arive - and explaining to Trin that she will have to share her toys and her Pa with Kat :)

tess said...

what a lovely experience of your new area, hope you are truly happy there. xx

Annie said...

I missed you when you weren't posting there for a bit.