Tuesday 13 November 2007

Welcome to Celine


I made my first amigurumi using the crochet pattern from here. Crocheting her was very fast, but putting together took forever. I had to remake the eyes and nose few times (please don’t point out that she doesn’t really have a nose) to achieve the result I’m at least semi-happy with. But I love the little bow and sticking out tongue. I can just imagine her staring wide-eyed at the world and exploring it, with the tiny tongue sticking out in excitement and concentration. (I have to credit my own little explorer for giving me the idea). But taking time to get to know someone helps to find out their name - so welcome to our home little Celine.



Looks like I’m at least one year behind on what is fashionable in the blog craft circles. I’m very keen to try making some felted beads, but need to figure out the easiest place to buy supplies.

I love the amigurumi creatures created by Pepika and wailintse

4 comments:

Rachael said...

She's a little cutie!

I like the name.

(We chose the same -- Celine -- for the middle name we gave our Katya when we adopted her.)

(P.S. I'm tempted to do your pay it forward. If it's still open next week when I get home, I'll post about it. Sounds fun!)

Tanti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

For felting equipment try the Rudolf Steiner shop somewhere in London...
The Anthroposophical society at Rudolf Steiner House will be able to tell you where to get some.
They are big into felting.
Can't wait until Tallulah starts at the Waldorf School next year.
They do such wonderful stuff.
I am thinking of buying myself a sketch book and some pencils and starting to draw again.
That is if I can stay awake in the evenings...