Sunday 11 November 2007

Are you awake?

So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they’re busy doing things they think are important. This is because they’re chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.
Mitch Albom Tuesdays with Morrie
--

Rachael, whose life is full of purpose and love, opened an Etsy* store and 100% of her SALE PROCEEDS in November will be used to purchase Christmas gifts for children in a rural Russian orphanage. So spread the word or better yet buy something!

* You didn’t hear of Etsy? Oh my, lucky you. It’s the online store for all things handmade. I can give you a huge list of things I would love from there.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Thanks so much for the shout-out!

I had envisioned having all sorts of things for sale by now, but "life" keeps me busy doing other things!

I'll probably end up continuing the fundraiser through most of December to give me more time to get things listed.

I'm thinking about putting a little button on the blog to link to paypal for those who'd like to donate a little something to the Christmas gift kitty. (Thanks for the offer).

Again thanks so much. Luv ya, my dear friend I've never *met*! :)