Saturday 29 November 2008

Fabrics

Craft Central is going to have another Fabric & Trimming Sale on the 4th and 5th of December. I can't find any info on their website at the moment, but the flier I got via their mailing list says:

Amazing two day sale of high quality FABRICS, LACES, TRIMMINGS, LEATHERS, BEADS & BUTTONS: Gorgeous silks and wools £3-£5 metre, pure cotton from £1 metre, designer lace fabric from £4 metre, stunning vintage flowers, new & vintage beads and lots, lots more!
Thursday 4th - Friday 5th December 11am - 6.30pm
Showcase, Craft Central, 33 - 35 St. Johns Square, EC1M 4DS

They also going to have Jewellery Sample Sale at the same time. Of course I'm already going to be in Australia and won't be able to go myself. Last time I got two pieces of fabric for the projects I wanted to make - I probably would've gotten more if I had time to think, but over-tired grumpy toddler wasn't conductive to thinking or buying. And I already used one to make a cape for the Little Girl. She is too young for proper dress-up role-playing, but I couldn't resist as the material was exactly the right colour I always imagined a perfect cape to be.
Emerald Cape
I used this hooded cape pattern. Despite finishing it a week ago I keep on forgetting to take a better photo of it.

4 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Adorable cape and model!

Penelope said...

Bless you you genius!!!
My girls love their purple velvet one. We have been talking about dramatising Snow White and Rose Red and this would make a wonderful prop for each of them!
Do you have any bear paterns for Dad?
Although maybe he can just get a golden one for when he turns back into a prince?

Penelope said...

Of course now I will need to figure out how to thread my sewing machine...

Annie said...

Beautiful! Lucky little girl.